613 Prairie St
Crestview, FL 32536
Home (850) 392-0281
Cell (850) 826-2227
IT professional with more than 13 years experience including Windows NT/2000/2003 administration, dynamic website development, and direct customer support in a consulting capacity. Emphasis on strong troubleshooting skills and providing direction and technical leadership for the planning, management, and implementation of solutions for mission-critical environments.
Science Applications International Corp (SAIC), Eglin AFB, FL
System Engineer - Joint Fires Integration and Interoperability Team (JFIIT), 2007 – Present
Responsible for day-to-day operations of in garrison networked computer systems in both an unclassified and classified environment. Provide technical expertise and training to junior Systems Administrators. Design test and implement enterprise infrastructures for deployable, self sufficient enclaves.
• Hand-Picked to serve as the Program Manager for the DIACAP process of JFCOM owned computer networks within JFIIT.
• Designed an Active Directory Solution with supporting DNS and Group Policies to support workstations deployed over multiple sites in support of the multi-national exercise Bold Quest 2009.
• Engineered and implemented solution to replace existing server suite which immediately reduced system down-time and increased data reliability.
• Developed intranet page to show dynamically updated information concerning workstation configuration – allows Information Assurance required data to be readily available.
• Created an “Anonymous Feedback” site for the JFFIT Commander allowing all JFFIT personnel an avenue for making suggestion directly to unit leadership.
• Developed complex system of start-up and logon scripts utilizing VBScript to configure JFIIT workstations and automatically apply security patches to keep in compliance with AFMC, Air Force and DISA guidance.
Science Applications International Corp (SAIC), Osan AB, Korea
System/Database Administrator, 2002 – 2007
Provide technical expertise and leadership for a computer network with Windows NT/2000, Exchange, and Oracle servers and Windows 2000 workstations in support of Theater Battle Management Core Systems running on a classified network.
• Planned, developed and maintain a dynamic web based application used to schedule training and manage TBMCS-UL user accounts.
• Designed and implemented Directory Services Group Policy to standardize and secure TBMCS-UL Windows 2000 workstations.
• Developed, tested and incorporated complex logon scripts which automate routine software upgrades and patches.
• Provided direct IT support for Ulchi Focus Lens '04, the world's largest computerized command and control exercise.
• Provide technical expertise and leadership for a computer network with Windows NT/2000, Exchange, and Oracle servers and Windows NT/2000 workstations.
• Installed and configured Norton Anti-Virus server for a managed anti-virus solution ensuring complete and up-to-date anti-virus signatures on all TBMCS-UL workstations.
• Represent SAIC as a primary contact with customers while maintaining excellent client relations.
• Provided expert level Windows NT/2000, database, and network administration and security to maintain and enhance TBMCS-UL at Osan Air Base South Korea.
• Provided consultation and teamed in the C2 network modification supporting remote TBMCS-UL clients.
51 Services Squadron, UNIT 2065, APO AP 96266
Web Developer, 2004 to 2006, 10 Hours/Week
Planned, developed and maintain dynamic website in support of 51st Services Squadron at http://51services.com
• Online calendar updateable by 51 Services personnel through custom control panel.
2nd Fighter Squadron, USAF, Tyndall AFB, FL
Chief of Information Technologies, 2001 – 2002
Senior staff member responsible for the successful day-to-day information system operations including local network installation, computer system installation and repair, user training and systems security.
• Managed corporate network consisting of 250 users, 150 nodes over 5 geographically separated areas.
• Deployed 25 Windows 2000 workstations using automated tools saving 150 man-hours--same tools used to migrate existing Windows 98 clients to Windows 2000.
• Implemented automated software updates and security routines reducing the amount of time required to install patches by 75%.
• 325th Operations Group expert on Microsoft IIS implementation and security eliminating all potential vulnerabilities on all web servers.
18th Operations Group, USAF, Kadena AB, Okinawa
Chief of Information Technologies, 1997 - 2001
Managed team of 25 administrators responsible for both classified and unclassified file, print, and messaging services for 2500 users spread across 1500 nodes on a 95 building campus
• Directed technical staff of four providing quality desktop support, reliable remote access, regular data backup, and robust networked resources for commanding officer and staff.
• Provided hands-on administrator and user level training reducing the number of technical service calls by half.
• Installed and administered Internet Information Server 4 with FrontPage extensions.
• Created unit web site for intranet and internet setting subordinate unit web development standards allowing a global view of the units' mission.
• Internal expert on computer vulnerability scanning & assessment conducted planned and no-notice network and client vulnerability scans.
Det 15, 372 Training Squadron, Kadena AB, Japan, Lowry AFB, CO
Master Instructor- F-15 Integrated Avionic Systems, 1990 - 1997
Provide intermediate and advanced training on F-15 Radar, Inertial Navigation, Comm/Nav, Electronic Warfare, Instruments and Flight Control systems
• Scheduled 150 students per month for all courses offered by Det 15.
• Technical Order Monitor--maintained currency of all technical data used in all classrooms.
• Designed and installed TCP/IP based workgroup LAN for file and printer sharing then connected the same LAN to base WAN for internet connectivity.
• Installed, configured and maintained operating systems and productivity software.
• Developed and maintained web based course schedule and catalog.
Community College of the Air Force, Montgomery, Alabama
A.A., Instructor of Technology and Military Science, 30 Mar 1992
• DISA Host Base Systems Security 3.0 – Aug 10, 2010
• MS1562 - Designing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Networking Services Infrastructure - Jun 7-10, 2005
• MS1561 - Designing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Directory Services Infrastructure - Jun 5-6, 2005
• MS2154 - Implementing and Administering Microsoft Windows 2000 Directory Services - Feb 14-18, 2005
• MS827 - Administering Microsoft Systems Management Server 2.0 - Sep 1-3, 2003
• MS2126B - Managing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Environment - Jun 25-28, 2003
• MS2152C - Implementing Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional and Server - Jun 23-24, 2003
• Oracle Enterprise DBA - Nov 12-15, 2002
• Oracle DBA - Nov 4-8, 2002
• Oracle SQL Plus - Oct 28-Nov 1, 2002
• MS1153B - Exchange Server 5.5 Overview of Collaboration Development - Mar 10, 1999
• MS689 - Supporting Microsoft Windows NT 4.0-Enterprise Technologies - Apr 20, 1998
• MS685 - Installing and Configuring Windows NT Server - 4.0. Apr 1998
• MS688 - Internetworking with Microsoft TCP/IP on MS Windows NT 4.0 - Apr 13, 1998
• MS771 - Core Technologies of MS Exchange Server 5.0 - Apr 3, 1998
• MS922 - MS Windows NT 4.0 Core Technologies - Feb 27, 1998
• MS770 - Installing & configuring Windows NT Workstation 4.0
• MS803 - Administering MS Windows NT 4.0
Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows 2000/2003 Advanced Server, DHCP, DNS, WINS, Microsoft Exchange 5.5, Microsoft Cluster Server, Microsoft Internet Information Server, Active Server Pages, Microsoft Office Professional, Oracle Application Server, NSI Double Take, Symantec Anti-Virus Corporate Edition, Symantec Backup Exec, TASAMS, DII-COE, C2PC, HBSS, Retina
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer – (Windows Server 2003) – Jan, 2011
• Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator – (Windows Server 2003) – June, 2010
• COMPTIA Security+ – September, 2008
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer – (Windows Server 2000) – August, 2005
• Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator – (Windows Server 2000) – September, 2003
• Microsoft Certified Professional – May, 2003
Information Assurance Professional of the Year. 18th Wing, Kadena AB, 1999
DOD Top Secret